Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Corrections

My reading on the subway for the last three weeks.
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
Sorry it's been so long between posts. I just finished the three week Theatre Rusticle Gym Summer Intensive. This meant many hours spent on the subway schlepping my sleepy self up to York. Luckily I had this book and Adele's 21 on my IPod to keep me occupied. We had Limon dance classes with Edie Shaw, scene study with Hume Baugh, modern dance with William Yong (Artistic Director of Zata Omm Dance Projects), Butoh with Viv Moore and devising with Allyson McMackon. Talk about a stacked roster.
Favourite passages:

"If you sat at the dinner table long enough, whether in punishment or in refusal or simply in boredom, you never stopped sitting there. Some part of you sat there all your life."

"The odd truth about Alfred was that love, for him, was a matter not of approaching but of keeping away"

"He was like a person of two dimensions seeking freedom in a third."

No comments:

Post a Comment